A Trifecta for Better Kidney Care: A Day on Capitol Hill
On March 8th, patient advocates from the National Kidney Foundation, Alport Syndrome Foundation, American Association of Kidney Patients, and PKD Foundation are in Washington, DC for the 3rd Annual Kidney Patient Summit. Advocates will meet with their U.S. Senators and Representatives to celebrate National Kidney Month and show them that Chronic Kidney Disease is a National Priority.
- Lead legislation to improve early detection and management of chronic kidney disease (CKD) through a new Medicare demonstration program
- Co-sponsor the Living Donor Protection Act (H.R.4616/S.2584)
- Increasing funding to the CDC’s Chronic Kidney Disease Program, the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), and the Health Resources and Services Administration’s (HRSA) Division of Transplantation to advance kidney disease research and transplant programs.
These three strategies will lead to improved lives, lower healthcare costs, and a better future for individuals with kidney disease.
We need your voice too!
- Join us from home by urging your Members of Congress and Senators to support these priorities.
- Take to social media and message your Members of Congress’s account.
- Follow NKF on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, use the #KidneySummit16 and repost our messages.
You can locate your Senator’s and Representative’s social media account on these sites: http://govsm.com/w/House and http://govsm.com/w/Senate. Additional sample messaging can be found on our social media guide: https://www.kidney.org/advocacy/KidneySummit16.
Stay up-to-date on all kidney patient summit activities! We will be live blogging news and photos from the event, so please check back often on March 7th and 8th.